Sony has announced its new flagship smartphone at the MCW 2014 (held at Barcelona, 24-27 February) and it is called Sony Xperia Z2. Sony has even listed the new Xperia Z2 on their Official website, check it out.
We have already reviewed Xperia Z2 earlier at here according to rumours but now reviewing it again after its announcement.
Sony Xperia Z2 Review:
Like expected there isn’t much change in the design aspect from its predecessor Xperia Z1 but the specs and expected performance out of it are really worth talking and here we are:
- Enhanced RAM(3GB): Xperia Z2 has 3GB RAM compared to 2GB RAM of Xperia Z1. It also has 16GB Internal memory and external memory upgradable to 64GB.
- Android 4.4: Xperia Z2 has Android 4.4, Kitkat version out of box as compared to 4.2 Jellybean in Xperia Z1. This would be surely a buying point for those who wants to experience Kitkat test at mobile :). I am still stuck in 4.2 Jellybean, planning to buy a new smartphone sporting Android 4.4 this mid-year.
- 5.2″ display, full HD screen: Xperia Z2 has 5.2 inch full HD screen, the 1920×1080 pixels will help to take more crisp, clear and detailed pictures and videos in comparison to its predecessor.
- 20.7 MP Camera: In earlier post, I was expecting 25 MP but Sony has announced Xperia Z2 featuring 20.7 MP Camera. Not bad, as we all know that Sony is well known for its high performance optics and camera functionality.
- Noise Cancellation: Sony has got a digital noise cancellation for clearer calls. This feature will surely caught attention of the buyers.
- Waterproof and Dust-resistant: Sony is well known for waterproof and dust-resistant, first of its kind to release these features on the smartphones. No doubt Xperia Z2 also features waterproof (IP55 and IP58) and dust-resistant (IP55).
- Battery: It has 3200 mAh battery life. It’s a good one but the battery is non-removable. I prefer removable battery because if the battery gets damage in terms of battery then I can replace with the new one or I can carry one as a back-up when battery drain out.
- Colors: Xperia Z2 comes in three colors. White, Purple and Black. Check the colored Xperia Z2 smartphone below.
- Weight and Dimension: Weight – Xperia Z2 weighs 163 g in compared to 169 g in Xperia Z1. It’s a slight less heavy. Nothing to brag. Dimension – 146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm compared to 144.4 x 73.9 x 8.5 mm in Xperia Z1.
- Other Features: To run Android 4.4 smoothly, Xperia Z2 features quad-core 2.3 GHz snapdragon 801 processor and its enhanced 3GB RAM.
- Price of Xperia Z2: Though Sony has announced that the Xperia Z2 will be released in March-April world-wide, however has not hinted anything about the pricing (but according to the rumour, the Xperia Z2 price in India could be in the range of 41,000 – 45,000 rupees which will be around $600 – $750 US dollar world-wide).
Xperia Z2 release date:
After its announcement, People are eagerly waiting for the Xperia Z2 release date. Sony has announced that Xperia Z2 will be released March-April world wide. Some of the online retailers have already started taking pre-orders for the Xperia Z2 sale.
Are you planning to buy Xperia Z2? By now you too know that it’s going to get release within a month or 2 months. How excited are you if you are planning to buy one. Share your feedback at the comment. Thanks.
I sincerely hope that the above article, Sony Xperia Z2 Review would have been of good use to you, the user, and we hope that this article has provided you with relevant information which would in turn assist you to make an informed decision regarding whether to buy the Xperia phone when it releases. We will keep you updated with related stuffs about the Sony Xperia Z2 at xperiazii.com , and bookmark us and subscribe to keep informed.